Tuesday, November 01, 2005



THE WEAVER...

When we visited the Historic settlement of Kings Landing this summer, I was captivated by the colours of the hand-dyed wool that the women had recreated using dying techniques from centuries ago. This evening, while tackling the mess that my office has become after 2 weekends of shows, I found this bookmark that I bought while I was a teenager. How well the two go together!

The Weaver

My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me
I cannot choose the colours
He worketh steadily.

Ofttimes he weaveth sorrow
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
and I, the underside.

Not until the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

-Author Unknown

I will think about that with every piece I design. It would look awful if all the colours were bright and sunny with no contrast.... but those silver and gold days/threads are sure to be treasured!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home