Wednesday, November 02, 2005


HOPE IS A STAR...

Looking at the calendar, I suddenly realized how close the beginning of Advent is. One of my favourite new hymns, thanks to my sister Laurie introducing me to it, has the following verse:

HOPE IS A STAR
THAT SHINES IN THE NIGHT
LEADING US ON
‘TIL THE MORNING IS BRIGHT.

Stars that guide us come in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes they are physical beacons of light to follow, sometimes they are help or kind words just when we need them the most. Sometimes, they are tiny wonders like this starfish in my daughter’s hand. Was it aware of being saved as she slipped it back into a tidal pool after finding it washed up on a rocky shore?

When we hit those dark times, we need to hang on and follow our stars and cling to our hope until the dawn comes again and the world breaks forth into the light of a new day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Jennifer, What a fantastic picture!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home