Saturday, December 24, 2005



ADVENT FULFILLED...

The girls and I helped decorate our church for Advent this year while Nick was home with his back injury. Tonight, he and I sat and watched the girls sing with their junior choir at church and the promise of the advent season is fulfilled.

When they read the passages from Luke’s gospel, I found myself getting lost in the litany of the familiar words...

“Rejoice with exceeding great joy...”

“Fear Not! For behold I bring you tidings of great joy which shall be unto all people...”

Word of hope... timeless messages that speak through the centuries, steeped in tradition, wonder and glory. This is not everyone’s faith..there are many celebrating light in the darkness in other ways over the next week...

Tonight, those ancient words were new again and ignited my candle in a way that I shall carry with me all year long.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Jennifer!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home