Thursday, December 01, 2005


PREPARING FOR THE SEASON...

Last weekend was absolute chaos. I don’t think I was home for much more than sleeping up until Sunday afternoon. Saturday night was our local Santa Claus parade and both of my girls were on their school’s float. The theme this year was Christmas Around The World and Queen Elizabeth School tried to incorporate many of our international families who have just moved to the area. Part of the display included a window painted to look like some of the store windows you see this time of year... and guess who got asked to do it?

Considering this was painted in just over an hour on my knees in a freezing cold garage, it turned out quite nice. I love how they put a light behind the window right where the moon had been painted in the sky. It made me think about the quote for this long-overdue entry.

“There are two ways of spreading light;
to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.”

- Edith Whorton

1 Comments:

Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Jen that's a stunning painting for being done in an hour!!!!

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home