Saturday, December 31, 2005


Windows of Opportunity...

Tonight is New Year’s Eve. There is a lull now between supper and the moment when company arrives here to play games until midnight and ring in 2006.

I thought that this image went well with the idea of a new year holding new possibilities and undreamed of opportunities. What will this next 365 days hold? What unexpected wonders will we discover? What chances will each of us have to be lights in other people’s lives? What stars will we reach for? What bonds of friendship, love or community will we weave with those around us?

I close this year of 2005 with the words I hope will reflect the spirit of what I take with me into 2006... that ability to look beyond the everyday.

‘To see a world in a grain of sand
And heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.’

-William Blake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home