Monday, January 16, 2006



WEATHERING THE EXTREMES...

Saturday night and Sunday morning it was so warm and rainy that most of the snow disappeared and we actually had to shopvac the window well into my office as preventative medicine. Yesterday afternoon the temperature plummeted and everything changed to freezing rain and then snow.

This morning, everything is dusted with about 3 inches of white powder and we are back to winter. I even managed to strap on my cross country skis once the girls got on the bus for a quick workout... or so I thought until I hit the point where a slushy puddle caused the bottom of my skis to ice up and collect lots of snow. I think I shuffled back more than glided, but it was still fun.

Today’s quote is a reminder that little things really can add up to something powerful or beautiful. Just ask any stitcher, knitter or quilter what happens when you put all those tiny stitches or pieces together!

‘Snowflakes are one of Nature’s most fragile things, but just look at what they can do when they stick together!’

-Vesta Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home